Thursday, July 11, 2019

More quilting and a stage win

I rewound my VCR tape and quilted while I watched stage 5 of the TDF. I now have about 6 1/2 blocks left to quilt. I should be able to finish quilting this top tonight. I need to keep getting baby quilts finished as I found out yesterday there are 3 women at work pregnant! There are only about 14 women in the office so to have 2 pregnant at one time is a lot!

It was a challenging stage at the TDF yesterday because of a couple of climbs, but Peter was able to stay with the leading group and the sprint finish was his! Yes, he won the stage which was his 12th stage win since 2012. Here they are thundering toward the finish - Peter is in the green
over the finish line and giving the Hulk gesture
No contest
Receiving his stage win prizes
back on the podium to get another green jersey

I was going to trim a bit last night, but I was tired and it was hot. I did water the squash, lavender, coneflowers, and the California poppy seeds I threw down the other day. We have a possibility of some rain today and we could use a little soaker. I am sending good vibes to Louisiana that Mother Nature takes it easy on it and that she doesn't dump as much rain as predicted. With the Mississippi as high as it is, 8 - 12 inches of rain is the last thing that area needs. Take care Glenda!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are making good progress on the quilting. I need to start finishing things. You are putting me to shame.

Ann said...

I'm not watching the TDF but am keeping an eye on TS Barry. It will be a mess with the Mississippi already near flood stage.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am so glad peter is winning again! He really is good looking, you certainly chose a good one!

I can’t imagine so many women pregnant in one small group. Must be the water, I would bring my own from home if I were you!

We are busily putting stuff up high. Crossing fingers and toes that we won’t flood. I told frank I would not move back into this house if so.