Monday, July 8, 2019

4th and 5th finishes for 2019

It was a busy four days. Let's start off with the finishes. I finished the baby quilt for my SIL's friend. Pink binding, quilting, and backing helped pink up this quilt!
I got a phone call from one of my brothers that he needed at quilt for Basil. Basil is a beagle pup owed by a friend of his.
So I whipped up this 34" x 34" quilt for Basil on Sunday. I used the only doggie fabric I had and paired it up with fabrics that coordinated with the colors in the bone fabric.
I also spent time cleaning house, weeding, spending time with my sister and her husband that were in the area for the 4th, and working a show for my nephew.

The show was on Saturday and it was so hot - 90 and humid. We had a short rain shower, but that just made it more humid. Around 5 p.m. it started cooling off a little, but it was still too hot for me. The venue had a nice spread of food for us: pizza, pasta, sausage and peppers, chicken, salad, cold water and pop, and a oversized sub sandwich. The chicken was baked, boneless, and seasoned well. It was delicious! Most places we go don't feed the band so this was a nice surprise. The kids were hungry so they were happy to partake! We had a good crowd and I sold lots of t-shirts and CDs.

The squash are doing well and on Friday I got my first blossom! The next day I had three! I can't believe how fast the plants are growing. I am excited to see the first squash forming.
Saturday was the start of the Tour de France. Stage 1 - my man Peter Segan came within .04 of a second from winning the first stage.

Stage 2 was the team time trial where all nine members of a team try to make it to the finish line the fastest. The time of the fourth rider that crosses the finish line is the time that counts for the team. There are no points for the green jersey (sprint points), KOM (king of the mountain or climbing points), or best young rider. Peter is tied for first place for the green jersey.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well Basil's quilt is just too cute! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your mostly pink quilt looks a lot like my postage stamp blocks. It really turned out nice with the pink thread and binding.

Your squash will grow fast now with the summer heat.

I bet it felt good to sell a lot at the booth to make up for the heat. I hope you are getting the nice cooler and less humid weather most of this week.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your quilting and squash look great. And Basil got a quilt! My squash is all these huge leaves, and a lot of blooms but no fruit. Gotta figure that one out.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is a nice post. BUT...what I really like is that your son knew he could ask you to make a quilt for his friend's pooch. I would do that TOO!

We may be able to go out to work in the weeds today. It should be hot but very low humidity. The frogs are calling me, lol.
xx, Carol