Tuesday, July 23, 2019

10th finish for 2019

Yesterday was hard. I was still so tired from the heat so I came home from work and watched Saturday night's episode of Live PD. I then managed to finish machine sewing the binding on my 10th finish for this year.
Here are the five I finished Sunday and Monday.

I have two blue chevron quilts still so now here is my current stash of baby quilts. I am going to continue to use up piles of leftover bits from other projects to make more baby quilts. They always come in handy.

I heard my neighbor out mowing. He and his wife had just come back from vacation so I wanted to show him a picture of the newest resident in his backyard - a groundhog - and check on my squash.

The weather had cooled off - this was about 6 p.m. - into the low 70's with the humidity at 73% - a bit high still. I decided to pull weeds for 15-20 minutes just to try and put a dent in them. Here is the before and after. I need to do a bit more detailing in this area, but it certainly looks better. It is amazing how fast the weeds can take over! It is not suppose to be as hot this week, so I am going to try and get the weeds pulled and the Shasta daisies deadheaded. It is amazing how fast this can get away from you.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a pretty stack of quilts!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those darn weeds, and the crabgrass or quackgrass, I guess it goes by both names is rampant this year.