Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Setting up to quilt

I was busy last evening with two things: I needed to make cookies and set up the sewing machine for free motion machine quilting. The machine needed a good cleaning and oiling. I removed a lot of fuzz and gave the moving parts a shot of oil. The machine is much quieter now. In order to get more pink into the baby quilt for my SIL's friend, I am going to quilt it with pink thread. The machine is ready to go.

I needed to make cookies for a birthday party this afternoon at the job site. The lady who is the laborer on site, well her birthday was last Saturday so we are having a little party today. She likes oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so that is what I made. Not my favorite. I like my oatmeal cookies with raisins. I am sure they will get eaten anyway.

Making the cookies didn't give me any time to sew and besides that I just wanted to go to bed early. It started to storm about 6 p.m. It didn't rain hard, but it was enough I couldn't go out and water the squash. I sure hope they got enough water to make it thru today.

I am taking Friday off so I have a 4 day weekend ahead of me! Have a great and safe 4th!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you get some cooler and dry weather over your 4 days off. We got a lot of rain last night, the birdbath is almost full. Dry today and half of tomorrow but hot here.

Kaja said...

Pink quilting is a good way to subtly change the colour balance. One of my squash got completely slugged - just a stump left.