Monday, July 22, 2019

6th, 7th, 8th and 9th finishes for 2019

What an exhausting three days. Let's start with the finishes. I managed to get the binding completed on four out of the six quilts on Sunday. I have the binding almost done on the fifth quilt.
On Friday and Saturday I quilted the 6th quilt. I used pink thread to get more pink into this quilt since I know it will be for a girl. I will also make the binding pink.
Friday the band had a show. The stage was step up in the parking lot of a mall. There were about a dozen and a half vendors and the merch tent got set up next to a food stand. It was 91 degrees with a 101 degrees heat index and I was next to grills throwing off heat. It was miserable.
There weren't very many people. I guess the event was not advertised. The kids did the best they could with not using their own equipment - that is, amps, keyboard, and drums. The lighting was terrible, the schedule was about an hour behind, and there were no port-a-johns. If you didn't get into the mall to use the restrooms before it closed at 9 p.m., you were out of luck.
The kids were excited to meet and see the headliner Lacky Doley who is a phenomenal B3 Hammond organ player from Australia.
I stayed and watched him a few minutes after I got the merch booth packed up, but I was so hot, tired, and need to use the restroom I just went home at 11:15. I had been there since 5 p.m.

Saturday morning I drugged myself out of bed and watched the last couple hours of Stage 13 of the TDF before I had to leave at 1:45 to head to another show. The heat index was still at 101 degrees. I had brought my fan and a half gallon jug of ice water to dip my cool towel into just like I did the night before. The crowd was small because of the heat, but the kids put on a good show despite equipment issues due to the heat. This was taken at sound check.
I sold a little merch, but I got to pack up not too long after the show ended. It was all I could do to walk up the hill and to my car. Those two blocks, well it must have taken me 15 minutes to walk them. I was feeling awful.

Friday morning I had gone out early to trim the yard and pull a few weeds. I set up my fan to try and at least move the air. At least this flower bed looks better!
Last night I went out at 6 p.m. to mow the front. The yard was looking like a hay field! Some gray clouds had moved in and were blocking the sun so at least I thought I would have to deal with that direct heat. About 5 minutes into mowing and the clouds moved out the sun was beating down on me. Thank goodness it only took me a half hour to get the front done. All in all, I figure I was out in the heat 16 hours over the last three days. I am not exactly feeling on top of the world today. LOL!!!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

WTG on the quilts! I think I would have been so exhausted from the heat I don't think I could have done anything else. We had a birthday party for my Mom this weekend but it was inside!

Frog Quilter said...

Despite the heat you have endured. Congrats on all the finishes.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That heat can do a number on you for sure and especially with all of the hauling in and setting up and hauling out afterwards. Cool air is here today, hope you are getting some too.

Your flower bed looks great and I love the huge rocks in there.

All of the baby quilts are looking great and they really used up a lot of scraps/leftovers.

Jedigram577 said...

All of your 16 (&8) patch quilts finished up beautifully!