Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Almost done with number 5

I made good progress quilting the fifth baby quilt in this group of six. I would estimate that I am now 3/4 done with the quilting. I used up all my King Tut parchment thread for the bobbin thread on the first four quilts, so for this one I switched to a golden yellow color which picks up the yellow in the hot air balloons on the backing fabric.

We finally got some rain last night. It rolled thru about 8:15 p.m. and gave the squash and flowers a good drink.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We got that rain too. The weather guy said it was from Barry. Now, temps in the 90s and triple digit heat index. 70s forecast for next week. My yard is calling my name, lol.
xx, Carol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good progress on the quilting. We got a little rain early yesterday and a little bit late in the afternoon, compliments of the storm from the south. Now it is a scorcher again today.

Kaja said...

I like all the yellow on the front, so a yellow thread sounds like a good
match.