Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Busy evening

I had to make a road trip to an architect's office to deliver paperwork, make a stop at my brother's house, and then I finally headed home. I free motion quilted for a couple hours while I watched/listened to/glanced at Stage 4 of the TDF. I managed to get six out of the 20 blocks quilted - not bad at all! That thread Vicki gave me looks wonderful and adds another layer of color.

I had to speed watch the end of the tour as it was almost 6:30. Peter finished 5th and gained a few more sprint points. He is still leading the green jersey competition with 104 points. The second place biker has 81.

I had to mow last night; the grass was looking like a hay field! So at 6:30 I headed out and trimmed until the battery ran out on the trimmer then mowed the front. I was sweating buckets. I had put the battery for the trimmer in the charger and once I was done mowing there was enough juice I could get just enough trimming done to finish the front. I called it a night, took a shower, and went to bed. It is suppose to get up to 92 here today so I don't know if I will brave it and try to continue mowing the sides and back or just wait until the weekend.

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, it's good your life is busy. Your quilting is beautiful. Some day I MAY learn FMQ. The issue is taking time to learn something new, or spending that time doing serene sewing.

Leave the mowing for the weekend!
xx, Carol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is way to hot to be mowing....even at 6:30. I'm glad I got mine done on a cooler day and it isn't growing much without rain and with intensive heat. I hope you can hold off for cooler weather for the rest of the yard. Today is extremely hot here and then we are supposed to get 2 cooler days. I hope you get them too.

Vicki W said...

That thread does look great! Your quilt tops arrived today. Thank you!

Kaja said...

I like the close-up. It really shows how the thread is enhancing your blocks.