Monday, July 29, 2019

Quilting done

I managed to get the African fabric quilt top quilted this weekend. I had to push hard on Sunday to get it done. Now tonight on to the binding.

Saturday I went to a surprise birthday party. There were these beautiful flowers on each table

a bar

food stations with different kinds of sliders and my nephew's band played.

The Tour ended yesterday. I am having TDF withdrawal. Peter made it safely across the finish line and won his seventh green jersey, but there is a new young gun, Caleb Ewan, and he is fast! Peter is going to have to do some hard work for next year's race to try and retain his dominance in the green jersey competition.

I weeded for an hour on Sunday morning, but I had to stop. The ground was so hard in places where the mulch has disappeared it was just too hard to get the weeds out. I was happy with the wheelbarrow of weeds I did manage to remove from the center flower bed.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow! That quilt came together quickly!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a fast finish on the African quilt.

The ground was hard here too. Not enough rain now after that wet spring and early summer.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wow, that looks like a very nice set up for the birthday party. We have been watching a lot of shark shows this week. I find it unbelievable that a diver will be on a boat, see a shark and jump in the water, SMH. Luckily I have been able to work outside a bit and the coming week will have promising weather for weeding. How sad is that, I'm excited to be able to weed, lol.
xx, Carol

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention how great I think your quilting is. Do you FMQ? I wish I did, but not enough to sit down and really teach myself how and to PRACTICE. Practice is not an activity that my mind processes, lol.
xx, Carol