Thursday, July 18, 2019

5th one quilted and Youngstown

I worked a half day yesterday because my nephew's band had a show in Youngstown. I had time before we left for the show so I quilted and watched Stage 11 of the TDF - Peter is still in the green jersey. I ended up finished the quilting - I needed 10 minutes - once I got back from Youngstown. Tonight I will pin baste the last quilt in this group.

So we left from my brother's house at 3 p.m. for Youngstown. It only took about an hour to get there and we did run into rain. It had poured at the venue and you could cut the humidity with a knife it was so thick.
There were dark clouds hovering about
The promoter canceled the show due to forecasted lighting so after a long discussion about a rescheduled date, we loaded back up in the van and headed home. I looked at my phone when they would have started to play and the skies were clear with no rain in sight. I think we could have played. Oh well, I got home at 6:45 and finished up the quilting on number 5, did some laundry and went to bed.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, those intermittent storms are always threatening here. Most times they pass us by. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

Well that's a bummer of a day!

Kaja said...

I've never really followed the cycling, though I have some friends who did one of the stages (not in the race, but they run events where you can follow the route). Now I always think of you when I hear it on the news.