Wednesday, July 24, 2019

11th finish of 2019

As I watched/listened to the TDF, I worked on getting the binding on the last of this group of baby quilts. This one is for a lady at work that is having a girl.

I use a staggered zigzag stitch rather than straight stitching the binding. I like the way it looks.
The stack for now.

My next project is to turn these two piles of scraps into baby quilts. I will be cutting more fabric to add to this, but my goal is to at least use up these bits and pieces that have been sitting around a long time.

Peter is still wearing the green jersey even though he finished 4th in yesterday stage. I think he is saving himself for the final sprint on Sunday on the Champs Elysees. The next three days are brutal mountain climbs so he just has to get over those.

I almost hit a wild turkey on my way to work this morning. It was walking across the street and I was doing the speed limit which is 45. I hit the brakes to slow down, it flapped it's wings, and got across the street in one piece. That was my first encounter with a wild turkey.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Another nice finish. My daughter drives a small car. One day she hit a rooster on the way to work. It broke off part of the piece of her car under the grill. Some time later she hit a duck on the other side which broke off a portion of that part on the OTHER side. The other day she was on the Toll Road and saw a bird was going to hit her windshield. It hit and bounced into her door window which she had rolled down because her AC is broke.

You're lucky you dodged the turkey. It might have done some damage to your car!
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

What a pretty stack of quilts!

Kaja said...

I love your stack of quilts - and am in awe of how productive you are. Obviously we don't have wild turkeys, just hordes of pheasants which are so stupid they tend to fly towards the cars rather than away from them.