Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Two more seams sewn and a big score!

I didn't get much sewing done last night becasue I had a hair appointment right after work. I did get the bottom three t-shirts in the middle row sewn together. I forgot to take a picture so I just have this one marked to show the three seams I have left to sew.
The planters along the sidewalks were decorated for Halloween and I thought this one was really cute.
I stopped at the Goodwill store that is on my way home and scored big! I was looking for picture frames that I can cut down and use for framing cross stitch. The store had lots of frames and they were inexpensive. I bought this group. The smallest frame was two dollars and the biggest one was eight dollars. The outisde measurement of the big one is 28 1/2" x 28 1/2". The other three were six dollars. That will give me lots of material to work with. I will just take the pictures and glass out and cut apart the frames. I need to figure out what to do with the glass. From now on when I have a hair appointment I will be stopping at this Goodwill and see what is new in their framed art department!

3 comments:

Kaja said...

That is a good haul of frames. Isn't in wonderful when someone else has thrown out exactly the thing you are looking for?

Cherie in St Louis said...

You did score!!! Professional framing is prohibitively expensive.

Kathy S. said...

The t-shirt quilt is coming along awesome. I love what you did on the borders.

Good score on the frames. I like to find ones like you have in front with the matting in them. SCORE! Yes, we get most of our frames at Goodwill for sure. Have you tried any of the Goodwill Outlets? It think the closest one near you is on Waterloo Road. They sell them by the pound. I think it's 69 cents a pound, but I'm not sure. There's a nice one in Belden on Whipple. We (Owen and I) have a lot of luck at that one.