Friday, October 15, 2021

Back is made!

I had to piece it together, but I had enough baseball fabric to make the backing for the t-shirt quilt. The fellow who commissioned the quilt wanted a baseball print for the back. I also got the batting cut so you know what I will be doing this weekend!
I was watching a floss tube yesterday, Two Tarts and Our Starts, which is the ladies that have The Attic cross stitch shop in Mesa, Az. They showed a display case with some smalls and it dawned on me I have something similar. I was going to use this case for some items I saved from my son's childhood, but I didn't have it made deep enough so now I will use it for my smalls. I will take the largest piece of glass from those picture frames I bought the other day and find someplace that will cut it to size for me for this case. It is unfinished so I will be staining and varnishing it.
My big plans for the weekend are to work on the t-shirt quilt, stain the display case, and dye some cross stitch fabric. There won't be much football watching this weekend. Notre Dame doesn't play on Saturday and unless DISH gives us back NBC I won't be seeing the next three games. I don't know what the beef was between NBC and DISH, but I know as soon as I retire and move I am ditching DISH. Cleveland plays Sunday afternoon at 4 so that will be a good time to wind down. have a great weekend!

5 comments:

swooze said...

What an awesome and clever idea! Have a great weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy basting!!

Kaja said...

Layering a quilt isn't the most fun, but at least you can enjoy working on that frame - it's going to look great.

Robbie said...

Well, you don't have much to do this weekend! HA We had the same issue with Direct TV...lost our local channel for months! It was terrible...but all is well that ends well. This too will pass...and you'll be busy! Love the backing fabric!

Vicki W said...

Have you thought about getting a glass cutter and pliers so you can cut your own glass? It's so easy.