Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Quilting and yardwork

I am now 45% done with quilting the red baseball quilt. I plan on quilting the rest of the red t-shirts then the shirts in the corners. The area circled in gold is what is quilted.
Before I went inside to quilt, it was so nice outside I decided to do some cleanup in the front yard. I pulled weeds, trimmed a bit of one of the mugo pines, cut the dead flower stems off some of the Shasta daisies, and pulled out the zinnias that were expired. This was just a start; I have so much more that needs tidied up before winter. I ended up with one overflowing wheelbarrow of debris. I took this out back and dumped it at the edge of my woods.

3 comments:

Kaja said...

There's a lot of work in getting a garden tidy for the winter, isn't there? I'm trying to do that now but it's not getting cold fast enough and things keep growing!

swooze said...

Moving right along!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of yard waste. And a lot of work to get that much. I wonder if we will have an early and hard winter. Here in Chicagoland we are experiencing the warmest October since records started in the 1800s. It gives us a good chance to get the yard work done.