Friday, October 29, 2021

No rest for the wicked!

I got home from work early because I had a doctor's appointment and by the time I got out of there it didn't make sense to drive all the way back to work. That gave me more time to get some stuff done so here is what I did: 1. Mixed up a double batch of cutout cookie dough for cookies to take to work 2. While the dough was chilling, I mowed the front and side yard. 3. Baked the cookies - orange and white pumpkins with sprinkles!
4. Since there was 100% chance of rain, I wanted to get the leaves blown down the hill on the other side yard. Here is before and after. It is raining today so I am glad I got this done.
5. Quilt on the red- t-shirt quilt. I got all of the border areas quilted except for the ones next to the one t-shirt that needs quilted. I like to quilt the shirts first then do the border. So here is what I have left to quilt circled in blue. I am 93% done.
6. I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes at the doctor's office before they called my name so I used that time to work on the red sampler. I saved the inner border/bands for the waiting room so I wouldn't have to look at the picture of the sampler for guidance if I would have worked on the letters. I had pre-threaded 3 needles and was just about to have to thread a fourth when they called my name. So between a little at lunch, the doctor's office, and this morning I made some good progress. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now. I did notice that the large letters are not quite in the correct order. I was stitching the V and then the X was right beside it. That's not right. The W is at the end of the row above on the original sampler. Oops! I wasn't going to change it and it gave me a chuckle!
The top of the list this weekend of course is the t-shirt quilt. I would like to work on resizing the frames I bought since I have two pieces that need framed. Who knows what else I will get into! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

You can get so much done in such a little span of time... it's amazing to watch. Can't wait to see the finished T-shirt quilt. Have a great weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would bet that 90% of the people seeing the sampler would never notice the letters out of order.

Vicki W said...

The quilt is so close! I took my Mom to the eye doctor today and stayed in the car. It was lovely to have the windows open, an audiobook on and crochet a hat. Then Mom came out and claimed the hat! Good luck on the quilt this weekend.

Robbie said...

Yes, you are productive...love the sampler...funny...and the red T quilt is one of my favorite you've done!!!!