Friday, October 22, 2021

New projects

My company came last night and it was wonderful to see these friends after such a long time. It had been since around Christmas 2019 since I had seen Kris. Her and her significate other, R, brought me projects. R likes to shoot in competitions with vintage military weapons - WWI type guns. He had loads of t-shirts and wants me to make a king sized quilt with them. There are around 45 shirts and this is going to be a fun project. No deadline which is nice in one way and dangerous for me in another, meaning it would be an easy thing to let it drag on when other things come up. I am going to try not to let that happen!
Kris had a little quilt that was made with her mother's clothes and it needs some TLC.
No quilting happened on the red t-shirt quilt, but at least my house is a lot cleaner!

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Lots to keep you busy! I hope you'll show how you go about fixing the issues on your friend's quilt. I'm interested in learning about the different ways to address these types of quilt problems. Looks like you got a really good variety of t-shirts for that large quilt. Can't wait to see!

Kaja said...

Isn't it lovely when we are finally able to catch up with friends again? I've still got people I haven't seen since 2019. There are some really good-looking t-shirts in that pile.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A clean house is a wonderful thing. I need to pretend I'm having company and get busy on mine.
That looks like a great assortment of t-shirts to work with, nice variety.

Robbie said...

Oh good...more projects for you! I don't want you to be bored and nothing to work on! HA HA HA

Vicki W said...

This project looks like it will be more fun than the current one. You seem to have more than enough tshirts to choose from!