Friday, October 8, 2021

Progress on the t-shirt quilt

The left row with sashing is now sewn together. Then I got the top two shirts sewn together in the middle row.
This is slow going for two reasons - 1. I need every square inch of these shirts to make the quilt big enough so I have to be careful and not make a mistake cutting and 2. It takes time to fill out the armholes to even out the side of the shirts. If I were just to cut off the sides to make then straight, I would lose too much fabric and the quilt would turn out too narrow. For the two top middle row shirts I added white to fill out the armhole
I will have to do the same thing with some red for these two smaller shirts at the bottom of the middle row.
I am so glad it is Friday! My plans for the weekend are to get this t-shirt top done and I have a birthday party to go to. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you get good compensation for all of the design decisions and fixes you have to do with the t-shirts. I'm sure the satisfaction when it all works out is great too.

Donnie said...

You are amazingly creative. This is looking good.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Good luck and have fun at the birthday party!!!

Ann said...

It’s always interesting to see how you adjust things to fit all your shirts together. I love read but there sure is a lot of it here. Have a good weekend.