Thursday, October 7, 2021

Too much mulling; time for action!

I had been mulling over what I was going to do to insert a piece of fabric to make the left hand row of the t-shirts long enough. I finally had mulled/procrastinated enough and made up a piece out of scraps. I am happy with the way it turned out. I will need to make another piece for the right side to balance things out.
I have enough scraps to piece together another insert
I finished stitching the border on that red bird pin cushion. I also put the date on it.  Now I need to get it fully finished. I will have to dig around in my wool box to see if I have a piece of red wool to put on the back.  I did find my mistake so now I know why I was off one thread. This is the first time I had used 32 count fabric. It's needs a bit more focus than 28 count.
I was digging around my stash to find what baseball fabric I have for the back of the t-shirt quilt. I didn't have time to measure it, but between these two prints I believe I will have enough for a back.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the scrap strip added in.
Your miscount surely doesn't show in the overall look of the pincushion cross stitch piece.

Vicki W said...

Well, I couldn't find the error until you pointed it out!