Monday, October 18, 2021

T-shirt progress, case done, keeping busy

First I will start out with the t-shirt quilt. I have it 36% quilted. In this picture I circled the area quilted.
I found this spool of quilting thread that I have had for a long time; it was marked $4.95 so I know it is probably at least 10 years old. 
I have no idea why I would have bought this thread, but to me it read camo all the way! I used it to quilt the camo fabric and it worked out great.
Friday after work I took apart those pictures and on Saturday I went to a local glass shop to have them cut the biggest piece of glass for the case I am using to display smalls. I got the case stained, varnished and installed the glass. Here is what it looks like all done.
While I was at the glass place,  I saw the displays in their showroom and asked about a mirror and shower door for the primary bathroom. The bathroom functions, but I have never finished the punch list and this will be the motivation to get 'er done! I don't want to even think about how long this bathroom has been sitting unfinished! It functions; just those finishing details need done. I had gutted this bathroom down to the studs. I had help with putting it back together, but I did the finishing work including installing all the glass tile which is floor to ceiling on every wall of this bathroom. The fellow is coming to measure Nov. 3, so that means I need to get a few other things done in that bathroom before he comes. Here is the space that needs a mirror.
I also dyed some cross stitch fabric. I will show it once it is done processing. It is soaking to get any excess dye out right now. I spent 3 hours cleaning up the garage; I finally found the animal that died in there - yuck! I also worked on that Birds of a Feather cross stitch which I will show tomorrow.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That case looks so nice all stained and finished. And good progress on the T-shirt quilting.

swooze said...

Wow your case turned out great!

Cherie in St Louis said...

The stalls look great in your case….and for just about no cost, right. You seem to luck out in the thread dept….that green variegated thread is perfect!

barbara woods said...

love y6our bathroom tile