Wednesday, October 6, 2021

T-shirt fabric, floss, and mowing.

I dug thru my stash of t-shirts and found some red and navy that might work with the current project.
The mailman finally delivered the envelop of floss my sister sent me. I thought I had finished a small piece only to realize I forgot to stitch the border! I had run out of the hand dyed color I was using so my sister thought she has some in her stash. She sent me three colors and one of them worked.
It had a little more dark to lighter variation than what I was using, but it looks good. I had to get started on it right away (LOL!) and I stitched a bit more on it this morning. I realized this morning that the one thread I was off which I forgot about, affects the border. Hum. Once I make it into a pin cushion it won't be noticeable. I never did figure out how I got off one thread!
I made myself put down the cross stitch and go trim, mow, and leaf blow. The front yard was crazy. It looks much better now.
The brown patches are the spots where I scattered too much fertilizer/weed killer. The spots are starting to fill back in.  Tonight I have more I need to get mowed tonight since rain is called for on Thursday.  The one side yard where the ornamental grass is located along the fence was a mess with leaves and sticks from the neighbor's tree.  I used the leaf blower to move all the leaves and sticks down the hill into the woods so I can mow that side.  The other side of the house needs trimming done then mowed.  The grass trimmer batteries are all charged up so I am good to go!

No comments: