Tuesday, October 5, 2021

T-shirt quilt, walnut shells, cording, and pastel deer pillow top

I worked on the t-shirt quilt for a bit last evening. My goal is to get it done in October. I got three shirts sewn together - the ones in the lower left. I will need to add something in the space between the gray shirt and the red shirt. I checked the closet this morning and I found a bunch of extra t-shirt pieces that I can use.
While I was on my road trip on Saturday, I stopped at a pet store to see if they had some ground walnut shells. It is used for reptile bedding. They had some so I now have 12.8 pounds to use for filling my cross stitch smalls. The price was $12.99.
Also on Saturday I was looking for cording to make piping to go around the deer cross stitch pillows. I found some at JoAnn's but it was $2.49 a yard! That is way too much even with a 40% off coupon. I did go thru my sewing box where I keep odds and ends of all kinds of ribbons, lace and trims and found tucked underneath some lace this cording. I think it will be enough for both pillows. The tiny cording will be used for making piping for my cross stitch smalls. Whew!
Here is the progress on the pastel deer pillow top. I am so close to having this done. Here is where I was last Tuesday and where I am now.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of ground walnut shells! A lifetime supply maybe. I still have some left from my purchase 15 years ago and it was a smaller bag than that. Maybe it is time for me to make a new pincushion and throw out some of the ones from the 1970s.

Kaja said...

You are speeding through the cross stitch! This t-shirt quilt is going to have a really strong, graphic feel to it with all that red.