Thursday, October 14, 2021

All sewn together!

I had to mow the front and side yard last night. It was looking like a hayfield! After that I got to sewing on the t-shirt quilt. I sewed the last seam this morning! After I press that last seam, trim the bottom and top, then I will start on sewing the back together tonight. I will be FM quilting it this weekend!
Yesterday I saw the bass player for Wham!, Deon Estus, passed away.  He also worked for many other people including Tina Turner.  I opened the article and instantly recognized the fellow and remembered our paths had crossed once. I remember meeting him at a memorial service for a friend of my brother who was a tour manager for many rock acts. There were several musicians that worked for Tina Turner at the memorial as my brother's friend was her tour manager for the tour in 2000. I got to go to four of Tina's concerts that year because of my brother's friend. All the the band members that were at the memorial were so nice and laughed when I told them a story. I remember distinctly that Deon had a fabulous smile.

3 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

You are getting lots accomplished as usual. Like how the t-shirt quilt is turning out - this one feels different with the camouflage fabric. Nice that you had a chance to meet Deon - I felt bad hearing about his passing as I enjoyed that band and miss their music. It's like an era is going by as more musicians/performers from that time move on.

Robbie said...

Wow...this quilt is great! I commented before on the sashing/borders...cool! It works so well together!!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The T-shirt top turned out great.