Wednesday, July 5, 2023

What I got done and not done in 4 days

I wanted to get the project bags done that were partially started and cut out the fabric for the bags I had pulled. I got started on Friday and worked on them on Saturday after I got back from an early morning run to the grocery store. Here is my pile of 30 completed project bags.
Here is a closer look at the differnt fabrics I used. I think my favorite is the flaming scissors bags.
Next I wanted to clean up the cut out tote bags and cut out fabric and handles for twenty more bags. It took me more time than I thought, but I now have the handles made for 50 bags. The handles seem to take the longest so now that they are all made I can just whip up the bags.
Next project was making four placemats for a woman at work. I put the cutlery fabric on the back. These are for her son who is in the medical field.
It is now Monday afternoon and I started on a cushion for a bench for the same woman I made the placemats for. I had stopped after work on Friday to get the foam. Monday while there was a John Wick marathon on MTV to keep me company, I cut out the parts for the cushion I needed and constructed the zipper unit. Tuesday afternoon there was a Lethal Weapon marathon, so I wrapped the foam in batting and then fabric. I then finally got the cushion sewn together by 5:30. Thanks goodness this is done.
Tuesday morning it finally had quit raining so I worked on one of the planting beds that I hadn't touched this year yet. I needed to get my red pepper and two zuchinni plants in the ground. Here is the before
Four hours later a wheelbarrow of weeds and leaves were removed, the plants got planted, and the deer fence was up. I had to go along the rocks and pull some of them up to get the weeds and grass that had grown between them. This bed still needs another 3 to 4 hours of work. I also found a bunch of baby Lenten Roses. I dug those up and found a spot to plant them for now.
At 6 p.m. I went and trimmed for a half hour. I was beat so I took a shower and went to bed. What I didn't get done or even started was working on the trim or the Lorain t-shirt quilt. I am glad I got done what I did.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a lot of sewing even though it wasn't quilts. Cushion covers aren't fun for me. I think you are much better at them than I ever was. The ground was probably easy to dig in after the rains you have had.

Vicki W said...

That's a lot of project bags and they are awesome! I also love the flaming scissors fabric! Kudos for you for making a cushion. I hate making upholstery piped cushions.