Tuesday, July 18, 2023

What a weekend!

Friday the band played in Cuyahoga Fall, Oh. I made pumpkin snickerdoodle muffins for us. It was very hot, but we had a great crowd. I got to bed at 1 a.m.
Saturday I made Chewy Brownie Cookies for the band and crew. The show was in South Euclid, Ohio. It was raining and when the show started there were 3 people in the audience. By the end of the show there were 12. Michael still entertained the crowd as if there was 3,000 people there. I got to bed at 12:30 a.m.
Sunday the weather was nice and we headed to Painesville, Ohio. I made banana bread (I needed to use up the bananas) and oatmeal raisin cookies for the band and crew. While I was working in the kitchen, I made a double batch of Brown Sugar Toasted Pecan Shortbread dough to bake later. Went to bed at 1:00 a.m.
Monday (my rest day ha ha ha!), I drove to a girlfriend's house so we could hang out for the day. I took all those project bags I had made and she bought 14 for gifts. We headed out for lunch then we went to an antique mall. This place was huge. She was looking for a couple mirrors. We were there at least 3 hours looking around, enjoying the 60's rock music they were playing, and being nostalgic with things we saw that we remembered from our grandmother's houses and our mother's kitchens. We found one mirror that would work. It was a fun day. That sock monkey was 3' tall!
Then I spied this quilt. It was an unusual combination of elements - hole in the barn door, goose tracks, and half square triangles.
A lady who is a friend of the band's along with her husband, cleaned out some of her fabric she no longer wanted. She gave it to me to make tote bags for the merch booth. Yeah!
I spent some time getting my recipes sorted and put in the binders I use for most of my recipes. I am glad that is done. I had piles of recipes I had copied everywhere!
I did quilt on the Lorain quilt when I could. I am now 2/3 done. Yeah!
Today I moved into my new space over at a job site. We are replacing a big, long bridge and the project has a 5 year schedule so they needed space in a building rather than working out of trailers. I baked the Brown sugar shortbread cookies for work today to set the mood of what it is going to be like having me around. :) We are still at the stage of getting things set up and organized.

5 comments:

Ann said...

I put all my recipes online but my sister made a beautiful binder like yours. Having them is plastic sleeves works well. My son asked for that book when she passed so it’s gone to a new generation. Congrats on a busy weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Bummer on the rained out concert but good for Michael performing for the few that were there. I hope the merch booth sales from the other 2 were good. That was a lot of baking! I should have baked today. The next 2 days are supposed to be hot.

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow, what a busy few weeks you've had. I'm enjoying all your projects and activities. That antique space looks huge! I'm hoping the new office space is air conditioned given the hot weather you're having in the States. Thank goodness you don't live down south - I feel so badly for all those who have to endure those extremely hot temperatures.

swooze said...

Girl I’m gonna need those recipes!

Vicki W said...

What a busy weekend! I bet your new workmates are very happy to have you on the team.