Friday, July 7, 2023

Lots to do this weekend

I had been debating how I was going to quilt the Lorain quilt. I don't have the time to line quilt each of the red and black pieces so I need to do an overall quilting design. Last year I made this small quilt
and did my triple loop quilting and it turned out fine so that is what I am going to do for the Lorain quilt except for the t-shirts themselves. I decided to quilt it in black and I just got a small start to try it out.
I did stop at the library after work and picked up this book. I can't remember whose flosstube I saw it on, but since I live in Ohio I wanted to see the book. It is all about samplers made in Ohio. I haven't had time to look at it yet so that is on this weekend's agenda. I wanted to see the book before I decided if I want to buy my own copy.
I also borrowed another book with Pennsylvania German samplers. It is a wonderful book, but is no longer in print. I am trying to find one on the secondary market at a reasonable price.
The lady that I made the cushion for took a picture of it in place. She is really happy with it and it is nice and cushy when sitting on it to take off or put on her shoes.
The next quilt I need to get done is a flannel quilt for a lady at work. It will be a gift for her husband for Xmas. I have a lot of 9 patch blocks already made so I started sticking them on the design wall to see if I have enough of the colors I am trying to stick with for this quilt. I want to go with blues, grays, and tans.
My brother called and then sent me some pictures of items that need covers. They are small pedal boards so they shouldn't take too long to make. He also asked for another one of those wireless transmitter pouches and for two monitor covers. He still needs to send me the measurements for those. I have a couple weeks to get those done since the covers wouldn't make it to Europe before he would be heading back to the states.
My weekend plans are to work on the Lorain quilt, weed and mow. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Weeding and mowing is so much better after a little rain. My marigolds are about 3" tall now.