Thursday, July 20, 2023

Getting close, first harvest, and new chair

I made some great progress on the Lorain quilt last evening. I have circled what I have left to quilt.
My zucchini plant in the front flower bed is doing great! I harvested my first two zucchini! It has two more growing.
The zucchini plants in the back are looking just awful! I would be surprised if i get anything from them.
I have one red pepper
The jalapenos are getting bigger
The three bigger coneflower plants that I bought a couple months ago are finally sending up stems. I figure I will get flowers in the next couple weeks.
For the new digs the guys went to a office furniture resale place and bought used desks and chairs. My chair was the pits. The hydraulic lift wouldn't hold so every 5 minutes I would have to adjust it back up. My legs also were hurting in an odd way. After I mentioned the chair hydraulics didn't work and got the response "go try one of the other chairs' I decided to go at lunch and buy my own chair. I had to assemble it, but that only took about 45 minutes. Here is mid-assembly
Assembled and so comfortable! After I am done on this project this will be my new sewing room chair. I still need to screw on the headrest. I did write my name on the back of the chair with a permanent paint marker to try and discourage anyone from even thinking about taking it.
Spent the day working on spreadsheets and opening office supply boxes. I set up the coffee bar.
This morning was breaking down all the boxes for recycling.
I will be off tomorrow so I will catch up with you on Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well, at least you got paid while you assembled the chair you had to buy! Have a great weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are really closing in on the end of the quilt.
Used office chairs are always a gamble. I think they should want their workers to be comfortable and even new cheap chairs would be better than overused ones. Your new one looks comfy. My sewing chair has the mesh back too and is nice and cool.