Monday, July 24, 2023

4th finish for 2023 and the show

I really put my nose to the grindstone and got the Lorain t-shirt quilt done. It measures around 72" x 96". 15 minutes after I took the picture it was handed off to my brother to give to my nephew, his son. I know it is hard to tell in this picture, but the backing has musical note on it.
Friday the band played in Morgantown, West Virginia. We had to make a stop on the way to pick up a keyboard player so the trip took 3 hours. It was a beautiful venue! It was right along the Mononogahela River. I did get a few minutes to walk along the bike/walking path. I wanted to walk up the road to look around a bit, but after pushing and carrying the merch stuff up the hill, I was not up to walking up another hill.
We had our first pig at one of our shows. His name was Onk-key and he was very sweet. I guess the fellow brings him to all the shows.
The merch booth and the stage
Treats for the road trip - cheddar garlic scones and pan banging chocolate chip cookies. They were well received.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt turned out so nice. Black and red is such a striking combination.
That looks like a fun old town to visit.
I'm drooling over your cheddar garlic scones!

Vicki W said...

That quilt worked out great! I hope it brings in a lot of money!

Cherie Moore said...

Wow, I like the effect of the narrow and the wider pieced borders….fantastic quilt! I’m sure your nephew loves it.