Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Busy times!

I didn't have time to get any sewing done after work because I had a hair appointment. Since my job relocation has taken me farther away from where I need to go, I had to put on my big girl panties and drive partway to the salon on the interstate in order to get there on time. The interstate is a mess with construction and people drive like there are no rules! Changing lanes and speeding like there is no tomorrow! I was in fear for my life! And to think I get to do it again this afternoon to go to the doctor. I am not looking forward to that. If I would go on city streets it would take me 45 minutes; via the interstate it takes 22 minutes. By the time I got home it was 6:30 and my neighbor came over to talk. Then it was 7:05 and I was beginning to crash after a long day. I did have time to walk around and take a picture of a visitor. I don't know if this is a different butterfly or the same one that I took a picture of before, but it was posing nicely for me.
Yesterday morning around 10 am I was told about a meeting today and I needed to get breakfast for 70 and lunch for 40. That is a lot of food in short notice, but I made it happen. I picked up the Panera order at 6:45 this morning. The guys helped me bring it in and set things up. I was standing at the sink adding ice to the water bottles and got a quick shot of both end of the counter. My car smelled so good!
The lunch will be sub sandwhiches and salad from an Italian Food store right across the street. I think there will lots of leftovers. We had no idea how many people would actually show up, but we wanted to make sure we didn't run out.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hate the interstates too and it has been year since I have had to drive on one. Even the slow right lane is usually going over the speed limit.