Friday, July 28, 2023

Amp cover situation and busy at work

My brother called to tell me that one of the keyboard players will not be able to make it to the show this weekend so I didn't need to get the amp cover done for this weekend. Whew! I did get all the quilting done, the pieces cut to size, the patch sewn on, and the handle hole reinforced. It will take only about an hour to assemble the thing.
I was so tired when I got home from work  that I was glad I didn't have to push myself to get that cover done. Yesterday the guys moved three lateral file cabinets over from the unused portion of the building so I could organize safety and office supplies. The safety supplies were in these bins. Since this job will last for 5 years, I wasn't going try and keep stuff orderly in bins! As you can see the bins are empty!
Here are the cleaned lateral files loaded up. Everything is sorted by size and is labeled - safety vests, two different types of gloves, safety glasses, and respirators. I was surprised how long it took me to do all of this.
The other cabinet is for copier paper, paper cups, and the empty shelf will be for toner cartridges. The paper had been stored elsewhere not near the copier. Slowly we are getting things organized.
This morning I brought in a small cabinet so we had a place to put the radios and the charger. The cabinet had been in my garage for years left over from another job I was on. I was glad to get it out of my garage! One of the guys asked me to number the radios and created a sign-out sheet for them. Always something to do around here!
This weekend is going to be busy. We have a show on Saturday. Chocolate scones were requested. I will make those and one other flavor. Sunday I have to get some small pedal board covers made so I can get them in the mail to another brother before he heads out on the road again. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It all looks so neat and orderly now. No excuses for not being able to find something for those who are looking.
I hope you have good weather for the show this weekend.