Thursday, June 29, 2023

What has been going on

Last night I pressed the tops of the drumhead tote bags so now I can sew those 8 bags together.
I haven't been sewing in the evenings as much because I am tired! I have been concentrating on getting in my steps everyday. I have been getting in my 30 minutes of walking before work despite the humidity and smoke from the Canadian wildfires. Here is a picture of the neighborhood last night showing how hazy it is. I stopped at the library on the way home and was shocked how the air smelled like burning wood.
That fellow at work cut my flooring for me so I can now finish up installing the trim in the living room over the 4th.
I was outside after work checking out my Shasta daisies. I thought I would post one more picture of them before they fade. The are already looking raggedy! A neighbor did stop me and went on and on how pretty my yard looks.
The coneflowers in the center bed are now blooming and the bed is finally getting filled in with daisies, California poppies, coneflowers, and lavender. I have some marigolds coming up too and the black-eyed Susans are coming along.
My red pepper plant has some blooms on it. Maybe I will get a couple peppers.
Now for the cornhole tournament report. My partner bought us wrist and headbands to wear so we looked the part of serious competitors. We were in the first round and got skunked 11-0. Our performance was pathetic, but everyone gave us kudos for our wardrobe efforts! LOL!!! It was a fun day and the competition was fierce. There are some really good cornhole players where I work! The marketing guys ended up winning. We had a bar-b-que for lunch. Here is my partner before the competition.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Doesn't that make you feel great that someone in the neighborhood notices the results of all of your hard work? I was just out watering and a lady walking her dog stopped and said my garden was her favorite on her walks. I like all of the mixed color in your flower bed. My coneflowers are a little behind yours but most of them are in the shade now as trees get larger.
I think your marketing guys have more time on their hands for practicing on the cornhole game.

Vicki W said...

Of course your yard is the most beautiful in the neighborhood! With the heat and smoke, it's good that you have an inside project to work on with the flooring.