Monday, June 26, 2023

I did what I could

I was tired and not feeling well from Wednesday thru Saturday last week. I don't know what was causing me to feel so bad, but by Sunday I was finally feeling better. Friday I went to the neighbor's house and watched John Wick Chapter 4. I have to see the movie again. There were so many new characters that I need to see it again to put some of the pieces of the story line together. Let's just say there were a lot of long fight sequences! Saturday I was up to greet the tree guys at 8 a.m. The first truck pulled in
Then the second truck
Then the chipper backed up into position
The second truck trimmed the arborvitae
While the first truck cut back the stuff that was close to the garage. They had everything cleaned up and were gone in an hour. All those trees are the neighbor's and overhang on my property. The squirrels will not be able to use the trees to get on my roof now.
Again, I wasn't feeling good so I would work on project bags and then rest on and off all day. I got a bunch of vinyl cut for more bags. I have to still cut the fabric for these future bags.
I have the zippers and vinyl fronts ready for 10 more bags.
On Sunday I got 8 project bags completed. I have a girlfriend that wants to buy some from me so I am making a bunch for her to pick from and I can always used the leftovers.
I then turned my attention to tote bags. The room where I have been keeping extra projects in progress, well, the room was a mess. So as I straightened up the parts for tote bags, pulling out the handles I wanted to work on, I straightened out the room. I have two twin beds in there so organized everything I had piled on to of the beds - finished quilts, more fabric for tote bags, batting scraps, alterations, and assorted other projects that need done. I did pull out the handles for the bigger tote bags for drumheads and decided to press and sew those. I don't like the fabric at all, but it was free so I made myself get the handles done. Now that the worst of the job is over, I can start putting together the bags. I did not get to quilting on the Lorain quilt.
Early Sunday morning I saw the twins in the backyard. I haven't seen them for two weeks.
The Shasta daisies are blooming out front. 
The smaller coneflower plants that I bought about a month ago are starting to bloom.
The three bigger conflower plants I bought and planted at the same time are growing, but have not sent up any flowers yet.

4 comments:

Kaja said...

I hope you are feeling better now. They did a good job with those trees.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I used to have a tree that was leaning toward the house and I hated hearing the squirrels running over the roof. That part eventually fell down.
Your Shasta Daisies are looking great. The Coneflowers are so cute when they are short and blooming. I have to take a picture of my tiny yellow one. There are lots of viruses going around so I hope you are feeling well now.

Vicki W said...

So glad you were able to get the trees trimmed and out of your way and I hope you are feeling much better!

Robbie said...

I am playing catchup on blog reading...BUT it's so funny! We are having a tree in the back taken down. They were going to do it today but storms came in....they'll be here tomorrow...but they can't bring in trucks like yours because of getting into the back area. They'll cut manually and then use their own chipper. How cool and only took an hour for your tree removal. I'll be sure to do a post when they get to our tree!! Glad you're feeling better!!!!!