Tuesday, June 13, 2023

4 day weekend

The show on Friday was a three hour drive. It went well. The load in and out were easy and the dinner we received was at a local restaurant which was delicious. There was a decent crowd and the ones that stayed until the end seem to have a great time. I had also made oatmeal raisin cookies for us. My brother said it was the cookies that helped him drive that long drive home. I make his without raisins.
The merch booth was right next to the stage so I got a great view of the show. I didn't sell much. The area seemed a lower income area. I did sell quite a few guitar picks; they only cost a dollar.
The downtown area was under construction with a facelift going on for the sidewalks. There also were beautiful beds and hanging baskets of flowers everywhere.
I got to bed at 2:50 a.m. That was a long trip home. Saturday I got some happy mail. I had entered a giveaway on the Colorado Cross Stitch floss tube and won a project bag. I know that seems silly to enter to win one when I make project bags, but I wanted to see how someone else makes them.
This bag had some rows of quilting. I can't tell what they used between the layers. She also stitched her bags farther away from the edges than I do. Otherwise the construction was pretty much the same. Here is a close up of the stitching with the red bag being mine.
Saturday after I got up and moving, I went to see a house and visit with my son. Sunday the band had another show. I was up and made cookies which I forgot to take pictures. I then received a phone call that the venue canceled the show due to a 98% chance of rain that evening. So now I had a bunch of cookies and the rest of the day off. I worked on making some boxy pouches - three for a lady at work and a couple extra ones.
Sunday I decided to work on a t-shirt quilt I want to have done in the next month. I started pressing on the interfacing to the large sections of red and black t-shirts I had cut apart. After that I layered them, sliced them into wedges, and sewed them together. Here is where I am so far with the top.
I continued to press the interfacing to the t-shirt sections and slicing them up. I have quite a few piles of pieces staged and that are ready to be sewn together.
Once I get all these sewn together, I will have a better idea of where I am. Right now I don't know if I will have enough to make the top or if I am going to have to source more t-shirts. This is a typical process for me - I am not much for measuring to figure out exactly the amount of material I will need. I did dig thru a closet with extra t-shirts and I found some more red and black ones. Saturday when I was out watering I saw the first bloom on my Shasta daisies.
We received almost an inch of rain on Sunday. It was a nice slow rain which let it soak in. The forecast is for another .95 of an inch of rain in the next 24 hours. Now I don't have to spend the time watering or pay for water to water the plants! I also saw another doe in the backyard with one fawn.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A free day is nice! You got a lot more rain than we did. We did get .25" overnight last night so I won't need to water anything except the garage pots that are right up close to the house. Your daisies will be putting on a good show in no time now.