Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Laying out wood cuts and cornhole bean bags

One of the fellows at work has a table saw and he said he would trim up some oak flooring for me so I can finish installing the baseboard in the living room and bedroom. Here is the square of flooring I had bought a little while ago
Here is an example of my problem. When I put the baseboard in place, there is a gap between the floor and the trim. There used to be shoe mold that covered the gap, but I don't want to install shoe mold because I don't care for it.
I went around the house and found all the spots I need just a bit of flooring to fill in the gaps. I took the bundle of flooring apart and drew the layout lines how I needed the flooring cut to fill in the gaps. Here are the pieces all marked.
Tomorrow at work we are having our 4th of July Bash. Part of the celebration is a cornhole tournament. I thought my teammate and I should practice so I made some bean bags for us to toss at lunchtime once I layout the spacing for the court.
My other two zucchini plants that are still in their pots are flowering like crazy! It is raining again right now, but this afternoon the rain goes away so maybe I can get the zucchini in the ground tonight. We have received .45" of rain in the last 24 hours which is great. The next chance of rain is Saturday.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The zucchini plants look really healthy. I need to get out and dig some huge weeds that came with the new dirt at the side of my house 2 years ago. I hope the ground is soft enough.

Robbie said...

You and Energizer bunny just don't stop! HA

Vicki W said...

Now that's a nice coworker! You sound very serious about your cornhole competition. I'm so bad that no one would allow me on a team!