Friday, June 23, 2023

Thank goodness it is the weekend

I'm tired. I have been averaging 10,000 steps a day and I'm tired! The only thing managed to do was to get outside and water the plants last evening. There was a possibility of rain, but I couldn't let them go two days without me watering them. So far today we have gotten .1" of rain and clearly that won't do much. I did find a piece of wire mesh and wrapped it around the zucchini to keep the deer from eating any more leaves.
I was talking to a woman at work about my Lenten Roses yesterday and she was interested. Her and her husband built a house so this will be the second summer they are working on the landscaping. I went ahead and dug up a plant for her. She had a place that is shady she can plant it. This way she can live with it and decide if she wants any more.
My plans for the weekend are tonight to go over to a neighbor who has a streaming service so we are going to watch John Wick Chapter 4. I am excited to finally see it. Last time I was able to check where I was in line to borrow it from the library, I was number 129. I haven't been able to look to see if they finally received the 12 copies of JW Chapter 4 so they can start lending them out because the library got hit with a Ramsonware hack. The library is still running and you can check out material, I just can't get into my account online yet. Saturday morning the tree service is coming to cut back the neighbor's trees that are overhanging my yard. It is to the point where the squirrels can jump on the roof.
The rest of the weekend I plan quilting on the Lorain t-shirt quilt, getting a few project bags made, and getting some tote bags made. The next show for the band isn't for a couple weeks, but we have five shows the second half of July and seven in August. Between all that I will try to get some rest. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I hope you are able to stay home and quilt all weekend! That's my plan for sure.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That cage looks nice and sturdy. I'm watering a lot here too. No rain this week. They are saying in the next 2 weeks we are predicted to have more than normal rainfall. What a relief that would be if it really happens. Our grass is like straw now, totally brown and crunchy with some hardy weeds growing in it.