Friday, June 16, 2023

Quilt progress and new hoe

I got the rest of the improv units sewn together so I started trimming a few to size. I will be working on getting this top sewn together this weekend.
I stopped working on the quilt top and decided to mow the front yard. The grass is growing like crazy with all that wonderful rain we have gotten this past week. My mower battery ran out just before I got the front done. I decided to try out my new hoe. I bought this hoe to get into tight spaces and save me from so much time on my hands and knees crawling under bushes to pull weeds.
See the stuff under this huge mugo pine?
Well this hoe can get thru the branches and into the center of the plant. I will still have to get on my hands and knees to pull weeds in other areas, but this hoe can quickly get some of the weeds especially when I am in a hurry.
I did go looking later on for backing for the Lorain black and red quilt. When a friend of mine was getting rid of some fabric, I bought this bolt from her for as song and a dance.  I am sure there is more than enough for the back of the Lorain quilt.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is coming together quickly! You do such a nice job on your yard. It's got to be the best in the neighborhood.

Ann said...

That back will work will with your quilt top. Thanks for the hoe tip. I may need one. It’s harder to spend a few hours on my knees.