Monday, June 5, 2023

3rd finish for 2023

Yes, the Harley quilt was only the 3rd quilt finish for this year! I got it finished at 1:00 on Friday about and hour and a half before I had to leave and head to my brother's house. The quilt measures 84" x 95".
I handed the quilt over to the lady who had the poker run and she loved it. I'm glad that job is done! Friday we were at Ohio Bike Week. You can just see Cedar Point across the lake.
The weather was hot, but there was a nice breeze, and it was pleasant if you were in the shade.
I got to bed around 12:30 and was up a little after 7. Did three hours of yardwork then sat down and rested before heading out again to a show in Kent, Ohio. I was still tired so I forgot to take any pictures. I am having to roadie more since we lost a fellow that helps with the band. He overdid it on Friday and hurt himself. Then Michael stepped on a monitor and crashed into the drum set. He finished the show on Friday, but sprained his right foot arch. Then on Saturday my brother was loading the trailer after the show. It was a dark area and he fell over a road case. Geeze! Michael's foot is better and my brother didn't get hurt. I got to bed around 11:30 after the Kent show and was up a little after 7 to do four more hours of yard work. In the seven hours of yardwork, I weeded, hauled some Sweet Peat to fill in some flower beds, and planted more California poppy and red poppy seeds. This bed by the house looks good, but once the California poppies grow that will fill in a lot of the empty space.
Sunday I had to get two amp covers and two keyboard covers made so I could ship them today. I was so tired from all the yardwork, but I powered thru and got them done at around 9:30 p.m. Amp covers
Pedalboard covers
In case you don't know what a pedalboard is, here are two pictures - one of the side and one of the top.
I had to add to my boxes to ship these two tambourines along with the covers.
Batting scraps made the perfect thing for wrapping the tambourines so they didn't make noise. Now you know what to do with your batting scraps! LOL!!!
My sewing studio now looks like a tornado when thru it! I didn't have time for being neat; I had to get this stuff done! I will clean up tonight and regroup.

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow! What a weekend you had! Lucky no one was seriously hurt. You sure get a lot done in very little time. Hope you weren't too tired today and you get a chance to slow down a little bit. Great job on all your projects. That T-Shirt quilt looks awesome as usual. I love the backing.

Vicki W said...

I am absolutely exhausted reading all you did this weekend! You and the band need to be careful. Sounds like everyone needs a little rest time but I know that's not going to happen in the summer. The quilt looks great!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you got the Harley quilt done in time to hand over to the lady. I hope the merch booth did well at the shows.
Your flower bed looks great and it looks like a good place for the California poppies.

Robbie said...

Love the quilt!!!! Impressive!!!!! It's not easy making a T shirt quilt!!! You're still my hero!