Monday, November 21, 2022

Working on tote bags

It was all about the tote bag this weekend. Between Friday night and Saturday, I cut out 129 tote bags. Eighteen of the tote bags were cut at 19" x `38"; those bags will be for the large drumheads. The rest of the bags I cut at 15" x 34". The handles are cut 4" x 26". I make the handles long enough so a person can put the bag over their shoulder. The only fabric I didn't cut of that fabric that my friend had brought me was two pieces of heavier weight upholstery type fabric.
Sunday it was getting some handles pressed and sewn. Here some of the handles are staged at the sewing machine. There are 44 here.
After I topstitched each handle, I tossed it into this bucket. There are 100 handles in this bucket.
Here is the stack of handles that need to be pressed and sewn not including the ones for the drum totes.
I did change out the velcro on my coat and then make a carrying case for a plexiglass sound shield for my nephew. The shield is 2' x 3' folded up.
My neighbor called at little before 5 p.m. and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I needed to get out of the house and away from the sewing machine, so we walked with another lady who was headed to a meeting at the high school which is a mile away. After we left her at the high school, the two of us continued and got in another 1.16 miles. He thought we ought to walk up the biggest hill in the neighborhood. Monday thru Thursday this week will be all about getting some bags finished for the big show on Friday.

3 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Oh my goodness, Patty - that is a lot of tote bags! Very organized... hope you have a very productive week.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a lot of tote bags. I hope you have enough sales to almost run out of bags.

Vicki W said...

129! So impressive! Sometimes I look at the way you work and the way that I work and I think we should have been factory managers. I really groove on a good mass production project.