Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Border and stitchey happy mail

I got that bottom border sewn together and trimmed. It is a bit wider than what I wanted. The motifs for the top border are smaller so I will trim that border narrower to keep the quilt from being too long. I pinned the completed border on the design wall and really like it.
The pieces for the top border are laid out and ready for me to start trimming and sewing tonight.
Any more the mail doesn't come until almost 6 p.m. I happen to look outside after it was dark and there was a box!
Wanda had come across some cross stitch fabric, charts, frames, and other goodies while she was organizing, and sent them to me! Stitchey happy mail is always fun to get. I didn't get a chance to go thru the bags of goodies, but I am looking forward to that! She also included some pieces of her fabulous striped fabric. I had mentioned that there was a quilt I wanted to make, and my stash of striped fabric was pretty sad so she sent me these cuts. The blocks don't take much fabric to make so these cuts will be perfect! Thank you Wanda!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you like the stripes. I thought a couple of them looked like Halloween colors and hoped you could use them. Have fun going through the cross stitch stash. I am so glad it is out of my house. A plastic bin emptied and a space on a shelf in the closet.

Pauline Michaud said...

Whoo hoo! I call that Happy Mail. Those striped fabrics look very nice. The t-shirt quilt is coming along very nice. Still working on some projects - hope to send pictures soon.