Monday, November 7, 2022

Progress on the t-shirt quilt, banners, and goodies

It was a busy weekend! I worked on the t-shirt quilt and am happy with the progress I made. The right row is sewn together and the top four shirts in the row to the left are sewn together. There were so many white and light colored shirts it was easy to lay out a loose checkerboard design.
Mt nephew came over Sunday morning bearing gifts and a project. He had gone ot a wedding on Saturday and snagged some flowers for me. They are so pretty!
and he brought me some cookies from the wedding
The project is making 6 banners of fabric for the background for the show he is doing on Nov. 25th. He wanted something rather than just the black curtain. Here is the roll of fabric
Yes, that label says 75 yards! He wanted the banners 30 feet long. We decided on a double 4" hem. Then he bought some 4" wide hook and loop tape so the top of the banner can be hung over a rigging bar then the hoop and loop take would keep it in position. Michael helped me cut the lengths of fabric thank goodness! It would have taken me hours and hours to cut all of those by myself. And again, my big table came to the rescue and made it easy to pull the lengths of fabric. Michael had fun cutting the 32' lengths with my newly sharpened scissors. I showed him how to get started with a cut and then just keep moving the scissors to cut with one steady movement. We finished sewing up one panel so he could take it home to show his dad.
I got a box from my sister Saturday with all kinds of wonderful bday goodies - fancy pins for my pincushions, a beautiful bracelet, and a pair of embroidery scissors with a cross stitch scissor fob she made. She even made the trim!  This is my first scissor fob. 
I never did get anything done outside. The wind was howling all day Saturday. Sunday, I cleaned house and then Michael came. Looks like next weekend should be decent so I will push my luck and hopefully get some stuff done next weekend.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You made lots of progress on the T-shirt quilt and the layout is great with all of the variety of colors.
I'm glad Michael helped you cut those lengths of fabric for the banners. What a job that would be doing it alone.
I have never seen so many fancy pins!

Kathy S. said...

The scull pins are definitely you! Your sister knows you so well. Happy belated birthday!!! The flowers your nephew brought you are beautiful. I bet it was a really fancy wedding. Good job on the t-shirt quilt. I can definitely see the light/dark contrast. That will be a good one to put together. I'm working on quilting my second t-shirt quilt in the past few weeks. I'm not a fan... I'm glad they are always for someone else. LOL.

swooze said...

Happy birthday!