Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Glamour shot

Here is the picture I took last night of the log cabin quilt. I was a bit surprised that it puddled on the floor. The finish size is 92 1/2 x 113" so it shrunk about 2" both ways in the quilting process. One more project to cross off the to do list!
I got a label on it.
I finally decided my next project will be a t-shirt quilt for my niece. Here is the box of shirts that my sister sent me. I thought it was only a few months ago, but look at the label. It was shipped on March 28th and weighed 13.24 pounds! I was scared to open it because I was thinking how many shirts are in this box?
I made her one when she graduated from high school, but these are little kid shirts she left behind when she moved out of her parents' house. My sister was cleaning out the closet in her room and found these. There are 38 shirts, a Girl Scout skort and sash, and a Brownie vest.
While I was unpacking the t-shirts I had a visitor.
There is a quilt shop in Florida that was having a killer sale on Halloween fabric so I bought a few pieces to add to my collection.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is one fantastic huge finish. Log cabin is so timeless and always attractive.

Cherie Moore said...

Hurray!!!! You did it! It’s beautiful and i wonder if the blue border inspired your blue floss pick for the beautiful scissors small you made for me. I find it interesting that your old UFO doesn’t look dated, at least to me ;)

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt! That was such a huge undertaking but I know it must feel great to have it done. I hope it's going on your bed this winter.

Anonymous said...

Stunning quilt!