Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Time to regroup

It is time to regroup and plan what I want to get done in the next few weeks.  I want to  finish up the tote bags over the next couple of weeks. There were quite a few left after the Lorain show, but we have another show on the 17th. Meanwhile it is time to get back to the t-shirt quilt. Last night I laid out the last two borders that need constructed and started cutting and stitching one together. I wanted to get this quilt done before Xmas so I had better get crack-a-lackin!
I didn't buy a lot of items with all the Black Friday sales, but there were several things I could use so I have done a bit of online shopping. I ordered a couple polo shirts that were 30% off and free shipping and the Fat Quarter Shop (FQS) had 20% off sitewide. The FQS carries quilting fabric as well as cross stitch items. I have been wanting to get some Fox and Rabbit hand dyed 32 count linen for cross stitching samplers. Fox and Rabbit is a married couple who live in Australia. They both cross stitch. The husband does all the dyeing and his wife cuts and surges the linen, and she also designs charts and charts reproduction samplers. They are a busy couple! I love watching their floss tube videos. They are a hoot! So anyway, I jumped on the FQS website and was able to get two one-yard pieces of Fox and Rabbit linen. The linen is around 54" wide. I would have bought half yard pieces, but that wasn't an option. I will have plenty of fabric for stitching now! I got a yard of Mayflower, the lighter fabric, and a yard of Duxbury. Cross stitch linen almost never goes on sale, so this was a real score especially since a yard costs $100.98 at full price!  Because of the pandemic, linen has been hard to come by.  First, the actual production of the linen fiber was down, and the production of the linen fabric was down due to the workers getting covid.  Then the supply chain issues with getting the fabric shipped, and the stitchers around the world hording any linen they could get their hands on lead to a shortage.  You didn't hear about that on the news did you!  I feel very lucky to get this fabric.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Specialty items are always a good buy on sale. I'm glad they had some of the linen in stock for you.