Monday, November 14, 2022

T-shirt quilt progress and Sunday company

I made good progress on the borders for the t-shirt quilt. I will write a seperate post on how I made the piano key border sections. The sections are not sewn together. I need to make the bottom and top borders first. It all depends on how it works out whether the top and bottom borders go all the way across including the side borders.
On Sunday my quilting friend, Peg, came up for the day. We both had red projects we were working on. Her's was a tree skirt that she was making as a barter for getting her toilet fixed and I worked on the banners for my nephew.
Peg had never made ruffles or a tree skirt so I gave her directions. Then I found some bias tape that I had squirreled away in a box where sewing supplies go to die. LOL!!  She was going to try and hem the circle. I said no, no, no.  Bias tape is the answer!  While Peg worked on the skirt I worked on the banners. It was great to have a second pair of hands to fold those 31' banners up! I got the last 5 done.
Here is the pile of boxes and fabric she brought me. There is some quilting cotton along with lots of fabric for tote bags. Peg had collected the fabric from several people, and she was glad to get it out of her studio. So now I will have to get to making tote bags for the show Nov. 25th.  I made cornbread and chili for lunch and we had a great day.

4 comments:

swooze said...

Are the banners patterned or just red?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bet you are happy to have those banners done.

Vicki W said...

I know you are happy to be done with the banners! You now have a lot of tote bags to make.

Kathy S. said...

Your improv piano keys are always stunning on your quilts and give them personality. So glad the banners are done and you had help folding them. What fun tote bag fabrics -- glad that you can use them. They will be sturdy. So fun that you and Pat could hang out and sew.