Monday, November 28, 2022

The big show

I stayed home Thanksgiving day (I usually do every year) and worked on tote bags. I got 40 done and twenty ready to be sewn together.
I left the house 11:00 a.m. on Friday to head to my brother's house to head to Lorain to the show. We were all set to leave and the van wouldn't start. Cool heads prevailed and we jump started the van and headed out. The GPS was plugged in and drained the battery. Here is the stage with the banners before the show started. I couldn't get any decent pictures during the show because of the lights.
The only other glitch was that during the second song Michael ripped his pants. He had taken them to be tailored and I don't know what they did but those pants just blew apart. He felt he had asked too much of me so that is why he took them someplace else. I assured him that if I thought I didn't have time to sew something I would let him know, but in the future ask me first. The one thing we hadn't prepared for was torn pants so he had to wear them for the rest of the show. Other than that the show went great. I didn't get to see much since the merch booth was in the entrance lobby.
After packing up and heading home it was 1:24 a.m. when I pulled into the garage. I was in bed by 1:45. Saturday I did some cross stitching and not much else. Sunday I worked on laundry, cleaning up, and worked on the tote bags that were almost done. I got 10 more finished
and have another 10 almost done. We have one more show in December so between now and then I want to get the rest of the bags sewn. I know we won't use them all but I will be ahead of the game for next year's show season.

5 comments:

Kaja said...

How many bags?!!!! You are a marvel.

swooze said...

Wow the banners look awesome!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like the banners worked well. I hope it what Michael was hoping for. Wow, that was unexpected. I hope the tear was somewhere that it didn't interfere with the rest of the show. I bet he will take extra pants along in the future.

Kathy S. said...

Wow! Those banners look fantastic. You definitely outdid yourself on the banners AND the tote bags. Hopefully the last show of this year will be super fun. I'm so thankful that things have opened up and all kinds of events can be had. Glad you got the van running and made it to the show on time. As for the ripped pants... the show must go on. Hopefully it wasn't too noticable.

Vicki W said...

The banners look great! I think it's sweet that the people that we WANT to help are the ones who worry about being a burden. Everyone else is perfectly happy to dump their sewing projects on us!