Monday, May 2, 2022

Quilt progress and amp covers

What a weekend. I did get the log cabin baseball quilt all quilted.
I didn't have time to bind it or the chevron baseball quilt. The binding is cut and I will get them bound in the the next couple of days.
I dropped everything I was doing to work on three amp covers for my nephew. It took me forever to get the first one made. I was sewing like I had never made one before! The second one went much quicker. These are two Fender amps that are the same size.
The other small amp is a Roland so I will stitch an R on the top. I have all the pieces and parts ready to go so this I should be able to get it done tonight. I wanted to get these done so when my brother comes drop off something I can give him the amps and covers. I lined the car cover fabric with flannel and my nephew asked for a zippered pocket.
I did get that small sampler done. I have lost count of how many I need to frame now!  Yikes!
The next piece I am stitching is this small that was a freebee that was sent to me. I have no idea what this will look like when it is done so it is kind of a mystery stitch! I was surprised to see that there is a little tall house integrated into the carrot.  I had a scrap leftover from one of those little samplers and it was the perfect size for this.
I did spend 2 hours cleaning out the big center flower bed. It took me a long time to get the creeping charley out from under the Mugo pine.
What a mess!  I had to crawl under and between that plant to get all the creeping charley out. I had to cut out a few branches and my hair kept getting caught as I crawled around to try and get to the center. I did get it all pulled out.  I still have more to clean up in this bed which I was going to do on Sunday, but it rained on and off all day. There was some viscous lighting! I will post a picture once I finish cleaning it up. I also mowed Friday night, but with all the rain I am sure I will have to mow again this week.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You sure had a variety of things done on the weekend. That carrot cross stitch looks like it is going to be cute.

Pauline Michaud said...

Great job on the amp covers and the quilts. Those covers look awesome! I also love the carrot/house stitching... it is very cute. On and off rain seems to be the norm now... can't believe we had snow just a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to assemble the sloth quilt this week. I found a fabric that my friend likes for the sashing/borders. I started reading a book on Saturday and couldn't put it down. LOL

Vicki W said...

You sure got your exercise in this weekend with all that gardening work! You do such a professional job on the equipment covers. I know your nephew really appreciates it!

Kaja said...

You are the best aunt ever!