Friday, May 13, 2022

Big progress on the piano key border

I started off my evening by making a pot of chili and some brown rice to go with it. I usually make my chili in the crock pot, but I only had a couple hours so into the Staub Dutch oven and slow cook it. This will be breakfast and lunch thru the weekend. Yes, I eat chili with brown rice for breakfast!
I wanted to see if I had enough t-shirt fabric cut for the piano key border, so I sliced up the pieces and got them sewn together. I just slapped them up on the design wall and I am pretty close to having enough.
I dug thru the pile of leftover bits and found plenty to make a couple more sections of border.
I am going to try to squeeze in 15 - 30 minutes a day quilting on this older UFO to try and get it done.
The baseball baby quilts made it to my sister's house and they have been delivered to the grandmother. My sister said she loved them and she will get pictures of the kids with their quilts. In the box I had her scissor holder and she sent me a picture of her's all loaded up with her best scissors.
I have lots of plans this weekend; let's just see what I accomplish. I would like to get the t-shirt top sewn together, go get the oil changed and the headlight replaced, make at least 30 tote bags, and mow the backyard for starters. One thing I will do is download this CD, Silk Sonic, which I have borrowed from the library. It has been playing in my car for two weeks now and I haven't gotten tired of it. I had to listen to it about three times before it grew on me. There are only 9 cuts with the first one being an short intro.  There is a R&B vibe with some funk thrown in and a Donna Summer disco feel in one of the song's beginning. There are some clever lyrics "your sweet perfume is better than a bar-b-que" and my new mantra "I deserve to be with somebody as fly as me ...somebody this fly." LOL! The bad language is not all that bad. In fact, I didn't hear some of it until after I listened to the CD at least 10 times!
Have a great weekend and Happy Trails (another reference from this CD)

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have a good weekend! I mowed about 2/3 of my lawn this morning while the humidity was still low and it wasn't hot yet. Now at 11 it is HOT.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, that border looks fantastic! Good luck playing each day until it's finished. That's a great way to attack a UFO.

I never thought of having rice with chili. I may have to try that next time. I eat a lot of chili. YUM. It doesn't matter what time of year it is for me. Have a great weekend.

Vicki W said...

I haven't listened to Silk Sonic but I love Bruno Mars! I think he's a music genius. It's time to get 2010 behind you! LOL!