Friday, May 20, 2022

Tote bags and 2010 progress

I got another 8 tote bags sewn together. I have 5 more to sew together in this group so that means I will be pressing and sewing handles this weekend for the next group of bags.
I spent about an hour quilting on the 2010 quilt. I was watching a show I had taped and I just kept on quilting! I now have the section circled in blue done.
Here is the spinach and tomato plants that I started from seed. I might get some tomatoes by September! My plants are still so small!
I haven't seem any deer in quite a while, but there was a doe out back last evening. She is quite pregnant. Several doe like to have their babies in this quiet wooded area that the houses in the area butt up to. The neighborhood I live in is bordered by a deep ravine. The other side of the ravine is part of the metroparks.
My big plans for the weekend are to finish sewing on the two borders on the t-shirt quilt, planting the marigolds, and working on tote bags. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The tomato plants grow pretty fast once they are out in the ground. One of my friends gave me a tomato plant she started from seed. I put it in a bigger pot and added some tomato fertilizer to the soil. It has doubled in size in a couple weeks. I think I'll transplant it one more time to a bigger pot before it goes into the ground. It is about 8" tall right now.

Cherie in St Louis said...

It’s so fun to see fabrics that I’ve had for ages getting made into tote bags! You thanked me for sending them and now I’m thanking you for using them 😀

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your bagmania weekend!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your bagmania weekend!