Thursday, May 12, 2022

Weeds, floss, and baby birds

This box was sitting at my front door when I got home.
I knew I had better not open it or I wouldn't get any weeding done. I headed out to the back to pull a bunch of thistle before it went to seed. Here are the befores and afters. I promised myself I had to fill my 5 gallon bucket 5 times and then I could stop.
That looked so much better, but I still needed to fill that 5th bucket as it was only half full. I went over to another bed and attacked this patch of Creepin' Charley. That filled the bucket and I called it quits.
I had flipped on the A/C before I weeded so I was expecting the house to be nice and cool.  After weeding I opened the box. Here is what was in it - a Plano Magnum double sided case with 259 bobbins of floss and 11 skeins! It was packaged very well with bubble wrap around the case and lots of wadded paper to protect it.
I got this on ebay for a great price. Here is the floss on one side
and the other side
We are taking about hours of entertainment here! Entertainment merging my floss with this and entertainment stitching with all this floss!  It doesn't take much to entertain me!  LOL!!!  I have found some good deals on cross stitching fabric so more haul is coming!
I already merged the 11 loose skeins with my floss. I looked to see if there was any color 503 in Lana's floss box and there was! I needed more of this for the I Collect piece I am stitching. See it is already coming in handy!
The booklet that was in the case had a woman's name, Lana Cxxxx, so that is why I am calling it Lana's box. The booklet had this chart in it that is going to come in handy. It shows how big the design area will be by fabric count and stitch count.
I was hoping with this double sided case I would have room to put all my floss and pearl cotton in these two cases and get rid of these three containers. We will see!
Meanwhile, the house was not getting very cool. With the new A coil I had installed in November, I should have plenty of cold air. I looked outside and the fan on the condenser was not running. I check the electrical panel to make sure there was juice and there was. Then I thought about this piece that the guys had left on top of the condenser that I found in March or April sitting on top of the condenser. I called the emergency line and a nice fellow called me back. I told him the problem and he walked me thru shoving the disconnect (the piece I found) back into the switch box by the condenser. There was a little spark that made me holler and jump, but the condenser is now running and the house is nice and cool. The service guy said they should have never left that out, but he was glad I didn't throw it away - me too! I should have taken a picture of it before I stuck it in the switch box, but after I got it in there I was not about to take it back out.
This morning I saw two groups of baby Canada Goose that the mommas were moving them off the road. You can tell that the babies were born on different days since you can see the size difference. It is amazing how fast they grow!

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Way to go on getting your five buckets of weeds done! Woohoo on your new floss entertainment center. Yes, I can see you getting hours and hours of return on your investment there. Can't wait to see what beautiful things you make from Lana's box. Glad you got your A/C up and running. Cute geese. Lots of fun, happy stuff happening here!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Plano Molding plant is in the next town over from me (Plano) and their warehouse is here on the edge of Sandwich. They make great products. That is a fishing tackle box but put to much better use in my opinion.

Vicki W said...

Very cool ebay find!

Kaja said...

What a great buy! It's exactly the sort of purchase that would get me really excited too.