Friday, May 6, 2022

Dinner and carrot progress

Dinner with my friend was great. We got to catch up and the food was delicious. I had cheese and crab wantons and sushi. Here is the sushi I had left. It will be a snack today!
Before we went to dinner we stopped into the Home Goods store that is next door to the resturant just to look around. The place was packed with all kinds of goodies! I found this cute ceramic Rae Dunn container on a clearance shelf. It cost four dollars.
Since I didn't have time to sew last night I will show you the cross stitch carrot I have been working on before work and at lunch time. It was a mystery stitch for me since I had no idea what it was going to look like when it was stitched. I was surprised to see that there was a little tiny house! It is almost done.
Years ago I had bought a lot of novelty fabrics including one with carrots on it. I dug around and found it! There is more than enough to use it for backing this carrot stitch.
My plans for the weekend are to finish the log cabin baseball quilt, finish the carrot, cut up that fabric for tote bags, and hopefully get outside to do a bit more yardwork. It is going to rain all day today, 70% chance tomorrow, and finally sun on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Isn't that great to have the perfect fabric in your stash? I think that carrot cross stitch is so cute.
Rain here yesterday and today. 50 today 60 tomorrow, 70 Sunday and then 80s all week. That should make the weeds grow!
Have a great weekend!