Monday, May 23, 2022

Bagmania continues

I worked on tote bags most of the weekend. I now have 51 finished and pressed.
There are a bunch more handles sewn and ready for adding to the bags
Handles pressed and ready to be stitched
Handles that need pressed and sewn. Lots of handles are needed! I have forty-nine more bags to sew together. That is more bags than I thought I had cut out so that equals 200 handles I need.
I did spend some time on Saturday sorting out my cross stitch fabric and kitting up some future projects. I did get the I Collect piece finished and this morning I got the buttons sewn on. These buttons are from my grandmother, mother, my stash, and from some buttons that were from a tailor whose wife had a cross stitch shop in the basement of their home. I just need to sew on a back and stuff this and it will be done. I did run out of the color I used for filling in the mason jar, so I went into the floss boxes and found a bobbin of the same color from all that floss I had bought. See it came in handy already!  I do keep all the buttons in old blue Mason jars with the zinc lids.  
I made a batch of chili, did some laundry, dishes, mowed the front yard and did some trimming. I kept a lookout for the pregnant doe and she is still hanging out in the woods behind my house. I saw her this morning and she hasn't had the fawn yet.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm sure that new stash of floss will come in handy many times in the future.

Kaja said...

If you keep going at this rate you will be Patty the Bag Lady!

Christine said...

Lovely piece of work, love the colours.