Wednesday, May 4, 2022

9th finish for 2022, amp cover done, cora bells

The chevron baseball baby quilt is finally done. I forgot to take measurements, but it is a nice size. Tonight I will work on the log cabin baseball quilt.
I got the third amp cover done.
My brother stopped over to pick up the amps and covers, but decided that I needed to sew one of the band's patches on the covers. So I had to rip open part of the corner so I could flatten the cover, stitch the patch on then sew the seam back up. It didn't take very long to do it. While I was doing that my brother moved some empty boxes from the garage to a shelf which was a big help. I would have had to use a ladder to put the boxes up, but he could just reach the shelf. 
We loaded up the amps and covers for there trip home.
My brother brought me two scissor holders that my SIL's uncle made. One is for me and one is for my sister. They are beautiful and will be a nice place for all my embroidery scissors.
Wanda, I checked on the cora bells. One is a good size, another one is coming along, and I found two pieces that were not longer in the ground. They still looked viable so I stuck them in the ground and gave them a drink. If it would quit raining I would get the cora bell bed weeded and finish up the big center bed, but it seems to either rain or I have something else more pressing I need to do.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh my, the scissor holder is lovely! You and your brother make a good team!

Cherie in St Louis said...

I like the baseball chevron quilt a lot :) Might need to think about making another one myself! Those scissor holders are beautiful, nice he made one for both you and your sister. Rain, rain, go away!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, that looks like the plant has a good start and the others will probably start growing too now that they are back in the ground. My green one that doesn't get as much sun is not much bigger than yours.