Monday, May 16, 2022

Packed weekend

The weekend started off with mowing the grass Friday night after work. An hour and fifty minutes later I was done. I didn't do any trimming. I did mow around this patch of groundcover - I forget the name of it - because the bees were enjoying the flowers.  Once the flowers die I will mow it, but in the meantime I have this lovey patch of purple.
I didn't feel like sewing once I came in from mowing so I worked on merging Lana' floss with mine. Guess what? All the DMC floss did not fit in the double sided box. Lana had some colors I didn't have, I had some she didn't have, then there was a lot we both had. I can't imagine I will have to buy any floss for a long time except for black. Neither one of us had much of that. I did have room to put the Cosmo floss in the single box along with the few skeins of Leo and Roxy floss. Here it is all sorted and organized.
I took the car Saturday morning to get the oil changed and a headlight bulb replaced. They no longer have a car wash, but they give you a free carwash coupon for a new place right down the street. My car was DIRTY so I headed over there and what fun! It was like going thru a disco inspired carwash! Different colored lights as you are pulled thru and the most colorful soap! Doesn't take much to entertain me! LOL!!
After I got home I started working on the handles for tote bags. One hour and 25 minutes later I had 52 handles pressed.
It took another hour and 10 minutes to stitch the handles.
I took a break and repotted some plants, did some dishes, packed up my sewing machine to ship it to get it repaired
and spend an hour and a half hand quilting 2010 which would be my half hour a day for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Here is part of what I quilted
I decided to work on sewing the t-shirt quilt together. On Sunday after I got back from running some errands I finally added the top and left side border to the t-shirt quilt. I got the other two borders ready to sew on, but I forgot to take a picture. Here is at least the picture with the two borders sewn on.
I knew what backing I was going to use for this quilt so I cut it to size and sewed it together.
I also finished the spider cross stitch piece.
I switched from working on the quilt to go back to the tote bags. I need to press over the tops of the bags to finish the edge where the handles will go. I pressed over 2" and then folded it so I had a double 1". It took me a half hour to press 17 bags then I just finished the rest in a few minutes here and there. I am now ready to assemble the first 26 bags.
My neighbor stopped over about 7 last night and brought me three things that need repair work - lining in a ski mitten, hole in leggings, and a missing hook. Nothing big, but I will have to find the time to squeeze this in.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think that purple patch is Ajuga. You are right, let the bees enjoy it first. It can be mowed down later.

Vicki W said...

You did have a busy weekend! I love how your nephew's quilt is coming along. It's funny that we are both working on quilts for nephews!

Pauline Michaud said...

Oh my goodness, you had lots of projects this weekend. You must feel quite accomplished getting all of that done. The t-shirt quilt looks awesome... I really like how those borders look. Can't wait to see how all those bags turn out.